Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Treat Cupcake Bar 9.10.12

Treat Cupcake Bar, 1450 Highland Ave, Needham, MA

I stumbled on Treat's cupcake kiosk at the Natick Mall.  The Treat store is in Needham.  I think I may need to experience making my own cupcake at the cupcake bar.  Until then, I'm just glad I got to try some of these yummy cupcakes.

Two large cupcakes come in a nice box.



Half moon cupcake (right)
Marble Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting/Ganache
Gluten-free chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting (left)



Half moon cupcake (left) and gluten-free chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting (right).  Turns out the gluten-free cake was not as yummy as the marble cake.  The marble cake was moister and had a velvety feel in my mouth.  You can see the GF cake has a tighter crumb and darker color. The flavor was good, but nothing special.  I do really love the frosting to cake ratio.  It was perfect.



Notice these are very large cupcakes, which helps that frosting:cake ratio.  Here's one of the cupcakes pictured next to a standard size baking cup.  The treat cupcake looks jumbo sized!




No comments:

Post a Comment