Monday, September 17, 2012

Fluff Strawberry Buttercream 9.14.12

I love this buttercream.  It is so delicious.  I'm so happy I don't have to work on the buttercream anymore, because this was perfect on the first try.

No picture yet, because I'm waiting to develop the perfect cupcake to frost.

Fluff Strawberry Buttercream

4 oz    Fluff
4 oz    butter
1 oz    organic powdered sugar (contains tapioca starch)
0.5 t    vanilla
1.5 oz (3T)   sweetened strawberry juice

Whip butter, then add Fluff.  Blend in vanilla and strawberry juice.  Add powdered sugar for taste (sweetness) and consistency.

I would try adding more strawberry juice next time for even more strawberry flavor.  Try 2 oz (1/4 c).  I'd prefer not to use powdered sugar at all.  I don't like the cornstarch taste in conventional powdered sugar, so I'm thinking I could try the organic version.  But I've never tasted that either, so maybe I won't like the taste of tapioca starch either.  For sweetness, I could add sugar to the strawberry juice and dissolve the sugar by heating the juice slightly.  However, I'm not sure if consistency would become a problem; I might need to add powdered sugar anyway.  

Sweetened strawberry juice
16 oz    strawberries, sliced (1 pt)
4 oz      sugar
0.5        lemon juice

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 12 hours, stirring once during refrigeration.  After maceration, mash strawberries (I use a potato masher) and strain the mixture resulting in sweetened strawberry juice and strawberry puree.  Save puree and refrigerate to later use to fill the cupcakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment