Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fluff Angel Food Cupcakes 9.20.12

I reformulated this recipe trying to use a lot less sugar.  The cupcakes were noticeably less soggy, but still shrank a lot.

Fluff Angel Food Cucpakes
1.5 oz    cake flour
1.5 oz    bread flour
3.25 oz  sugar
9.25 oz  Fluff
10.4 oz  egg whites
1.5 t      lemon juice
0.25 t    salt
0.5 t       vanilla
1.5 t      almond extract


I tried some different methods here.  The cupcakes without liners shrunk off the bottom of the pan.  They had great texture (small grained and very moist), but were too soggy.  I'm beginning to believe this is from the Fluff which liquefies during baking.  Also, it was difficult to depan these without mangling the cake.



I also tried adding (cornstarch to the flours.  The cake was not as moist.



I tried mixing in a cornstarch gel (4 tsp in 1/3 c water), but the cake did not rise very well at all.  The cake did not taste as good either.

I also tried adding xantham gum to the dry ingredients.  This cake had poor flavour as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment