Monday, September 17, 2012

Fluff Strawberry Seven Minute Frosting 9.14.12

I tried this frosting to compare to the buttercream.  I don't feel the seven minute frosting was as successful as the buttercream.  I was very loose; I'm sure I would worry about it falling off the cupcakes when frosting.  It was slightly firmer than fluff.  It also had a sticky, honey like (Fluff like, you could say) texture.

Besides the consistency, I didn't like the flavor.  It was sharply sweet, like Fluff.

I think I appreciate more the Fluff flavor, than the frosting actually seeming like Fluff on a cupcake. The buttercream had a great Fluff flavor, but also a fresh strawberry flavor and the consistency of a buttercream.

Fluff Strawberry Seven Minute Frosting
2 oz   Fluff (0.5 c)
1 ea   egg white
2 7/8 oz   sugar
3 drops    lemon juice
1/16 t       salt
3T      sweetened strawberry juice
1/2 t   vanilla

Combine all ingredients, except strawberry juice and vanilla over a hot water bath.  Beat until soft peaks form. Remove from heat and continue beating until stiff. Beat in strawbery juice and vanilla.  

No comments:

Post a Comment