Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pumpkin cheesecake 11.22.12

I love this pumpkin cheesecake.  Inspired by Quebrada pumpkin cheesecake, this is Jacques Pepin's cheesecake recipe with pumpkin puree added.

Here's the JP cheesecake
2 T butter
1/2 c graham cracker crumb
32 oz cream cheese
7 oz sugar
1 T grated lemon rind
2 T lemon juice
1 t vanilla
4 ea eggs

my pumpkin cheesecake
1/2 c graham cracker crumb
2 T butter
8 oz cream cheese
1.75 oz sugar
1/4 t vanilla
1 ea egg
8 oz pumpkin puree (could possibly use less, but I was just finishing the can)

mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth, add eggs and flavoring slowly until smooth, add pumpkin

baked at 350 in a water bath 1 hour, then turn off oven and let sit another hour.  cool and unmold.

I still need to work on unmolding and how I will present.  This cake is turned out upside down, although that's okay because it looks like a pie now.



No comments:

Post a Comment