Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Black & White Cookies 11.13.12

Since the white rice flour did not hydrate enough in the cookie, I tried using sweet rice flour which has a much finer grain.  Hopefully it will hydrate quickly in the batter.  I also refrigerated the batter overnight.


Next time I could try blending the rice flour with the milk first.


I think the cookie was still gritty.

12 oz sorghum
2 oz sweet rice flour or white rice flour
2 oz potato
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
8 oz butter
12.25 oz sugar
2 oz eggs
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t lemon
1 c milk

With white rice flour


With sweet rice flour



The cookies spread a lot.  I think the hydration can be reduced and the sugar as well.


I also tried to freeze the batter, but not much of a difference.  Maybe a little less spread, but it was still unacceptable






No comments:

Post a Comment