Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dark Chocolate Pudding 11.4.12

1 1/2 egg yolk
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1 1/2 c milk (I used 2%)
6 T dark coca
smidgen salt
1/2 t vanilla
1 T butter

I really like the dark cocoa and I think this pudding came out smoother than last time.  I combined all the dry ingredients with the egg yolk and 1/8 c milk, or until it came together into a nice paste.  Then added another 1/8 c so the mixture is nice and liquid.  I heated up the milk and then combined the chocolate mixture into the hot milk, stirring until thick and boiling.  

I think the pudding could be a little richer.  Maybe increase to 2 egg yolk and a little more sugar?  Also, use 2 T butter with cocoa.  For the method I also want to reserve 1/4 c cold milk (heating the rest) and blend the cornstarch into it, then blend milk in batches into the other dry ingredients and egg yolk.  Then strain the mixture into the hot milk and cook as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment