Sunday, August 14, 2011

Last free day for popovers and sugar cookies 8.10.11

Last day of class in my 9 month program at Le Cordon Bleu.  I made popovers and sugar cookies, two things on my "to bake" list.  I thought the popovers came out great, even in the muffin tins (as opposed to a popover tin - taller, thinner cups).  However, I should have baked them for a shorter amount of time at 425, and longer at 325 so they baked more in the centers.  They taste like eggy dough, similar to pate a choux.  I would have liked them to be a savory treat, maybe some tuna fish in the middle would have been yummy. Sugar cookies were pretty good, despite that I did not have accurate measuring utensils with me in class today.  A little too sweet for my tastes, though.  And I wish they had come out thicker.  I will have to try these again.  Both recipes are from Baking Illustrated.

Popovers and sugar cookies

  

No comments:

Post a Comment