Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hand-me-down Peach Crumble 8.12.11

Using the oven for the first time today in my new apartment.  Inspired by the free pound of peaches I got at Shaws today, I decided to look for an easy peach dessert.  Baking illustrated has a peach crumble dessert, which was exactly what I was looking for.  I have lots of sugar cookies left over, so after looking at the ingredients for the crumble, I figured I could somehow use the sugar cookies in the dessert.  The ingredients are practically the same for the crumble and the sugar cookies, although in different proportion.  So I ground some of cookies and blended with some Splenda brown sugar blend.  (still trying to use that up)  I also added some pats of soft butter to the peach filling.  I combined the filling otherwise as directed, then topped w/the cookie crumble and baked.  I didn't have almonds on hand either, so in an effort to be frugal decided to go without.  The peaches baked up marvelously and the dessert was served with a scoop of ice cream. Yum! And what a great way to recycle those cookies.


Macerated peaches



Macerated peaches with flavorings and butter in a baking dish



Hand-me-down Peach Crumble

The ice cream is covering most of the crumble in this shot, but don't worry, the yummy crunchy, sugary topping is still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment