Saturday, August 13, 2011

Best dessert of my life - Upstairs on the Square 7.30.11


UpStairs on the Square
91 Winthrop Street, Cambridge, MA

The waiter described the cake as devil's food cake, but no way was the yellow sponge cake looking up at me any kind of devil's food. This plate looks pretty humble, but I can't remember ever enjoying a dessert like this in my entire life.  Just a chance prix fixe brunch dessert.  (haha)


Raspberry sorbet with lemon creme on top of yellow sponge cake with strawberry sauce. - couldn't find a description of this dessert on the menu online.  At the restaurant the prix fixe was just announced to us as a special, not written down anywhere, so I don't have the exact description. As I tasted each element, I wished I had a bottomless bowl of every flavour.




I thought this was a funny picture of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment