Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brookline Farmers Market 8.25.11

Brookline Farmers Market, Centre Street Parking Lot, Brookline, MA
Thursdays 1:30pm to dusk, med June through late October

I miss living in Brookline and I miss Coolidge Corner.  I never visited the farmers market while I lived there, but Clear Flour Bread has a stand there, so it was the perfect excuse to check it out.  I had also heard a rumor there was an ice cream truck.  Okay, I admit, I really went first for the ice cream and second to check out Clear Flour's bread.

First stop, Trombetta's Farm ice cream.  http://www.trombettasfarm.com/  I got the mint chip.  It was fresh and homemade and delicious. It's not the best mint chip ice cream I've ever had, but actually I can't remember the best mint chip I've ever had.  I do know that I really like the chocolate chips in Friendly's mint chocolate chip.  It's basically bitter chocolate; chocolate liquor and cocoa butter are the listed ingredients.   Anyway, here's a picture of the ice cream truck.



Clear Flour Bread stand at the farmers market



From the baker's point of view


No comments:

Post a Comment