Friday, October 19, 2012

GF Chocolate Brownies II 10.14.12


I tried to go for a more fudgy brownie here, so I omitted half of the egg whites in the recipe.  I didn't want to throw off the hydration, so I added some milk.  I also used more chia flour than sorghum flour this time.


Chocolate Brownies
16 oz unsweetened chocolate
24 oz butter
8.8 oz egg yolks
9.6 oz egg whites
48 oz sugar
4 oz (1/2 c) milk
0.25 oz (1 1/2 t) salt
1 oz vanilla
9.846 oz chia flour
4.923 oz sorghum flour
1.231 oz potato starch
16 oz chopped nuts (optional)

I cut the baked brownies after I chilled them, so that they were easier to cut.  They look much nicer this time.


The brownies were much denser and did not taste as good.  I'm hoping it's just the egg, so I'll put everything back to normal next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment