Monday, April 1, 2013

GF CCC 3.25.13

I'm trying a new "white" flour blend with my chocolate chip cookie recipe.  The flour blend is for equal parts almond flour, sorghum, tapioca starch and potato starch.  I'm trying these flours using equal weights.

8 oz butter
3.5 oz sorghum
3.5 oz potato starch
3 oz tapioca starch
3 oz almond flour
1 t salt
2 t baking powder
10 oz brown sugar
2 oz sugar
1.75 eggs (1 whole egg)
0.55 yolks (1 egg yolk)
2 T milk
1 1/2 t vanilla
10 oz chocolate chips

I used an extra half ounce of flour in the recipe since the dough looked soft and I chose potato starch because the original suggestion was for equal volumes of flour, and potato starch has the least volume for its weight.

I'm going to let the battter sit overnight and try baking some cookies tomorrow.  I would also like to add chia flour to this recipe.

Day 1 results - too much hydration!



Day 2 results - too much hydration!



There's a strange chewiness to these cookies.  I think it's due to the tapioca and potato starches.  I think controlling these amounts may be the key to the perfect texture.  I really like the color of these cookies, so maybe adding some white chia is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment