Monday, April 1, 2013

Flour and Georgetown Cupcake 3.31.13

Flour, 131 Clarendon St, Boston, MA
Georgetown Cupcake, 83 Newbury St, Boston, MA

Carrot Cupcakes for Easter!  I also wanted to try the peeps at Flour Bakery, but they were sold out.

The Flour cupcake is on the left.  They are jumbo sized.  Unfortunately, my cupcake got smushed in the box. Flour's cupcake was my favorite.  The cream cheese frosting was light, slightly tart and buttery.  The cake was hearty, moist, and had the texture similar to a bread or tea cake. The Georgetown cupcake is on the right.  I had to wait for it, so I think the cupcake was slightly warm when it was frosted, as the frosting is sliding off the top.  It has a fondant carrot on top, which is cute.  The frosting was very sweet, and the cake was light and moist. I favored Flour's cupcake because the cake had richer flavor and the frosting was delicious.  I don't like super sweet frosting.


Flour's Carrot Cupcake


Georgetown Cupcake's Carrot Cupcake


I also tried a Strawberry Chocolate Lave Cupcake at Georgetown Cupcake.  The cake was a little try, but they serve it as a filled cupcake, which disguises the dry cake.  The chocolate cake did have nice texture though.  The frosting was very sweet, but it had a nice strawberry flavor to it.  The filling was super sweet fudgy chocolate.  A little too sweet for me, but very pretty.







No comments:

Post a Comment