Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spritz cookies

I realized I am not smart enough to adapt the Gisslen recipes with sugar substitutes.  Splenda spritz cookies were another fail.  The cookies had no flavor, and the end product was undercooked in the middle.  I did successfully color the cookies pink; however, it only showed more clearly where the butter was not blended in completely due to the butter's cold starting temperature.  As the cookies were baking, I saw the butter melt immediately out of the cookie along with some of the sugar.  The cookies cracked on the surface (you can see in the picture below). 



I've requested a Splenda baking book from the library.  From now on I will start from a Splenda recipe and try to achieve a product most similar to the Gisslen original.

Here are the spritz cookies from Gisslen.  We did not use food coloring, but topped with colored sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment