Monday, April 25, 2011

A Wedding and a Shower

The Grandview, 176 Rinaldi Boulevard, Poughkeepsie, NY (4.15.11)

My brother got married last Friday!  The wedding cake which the bride and groom selected was provided by the Grandview's banquet services.  The banding around the bottom of each tier is black.  It looks black in the pictures, but in the ballroom it looked a different color.  I suspect the cake portions that were served at the wedding were not from this exact cake since the cake was not removed from the ballroom early enough for cutting.  





The served dessert plate (which I don't have a good picture of) was titled something like Grandview cake sampler.  I actually tracked down a picture of the menu from the reception, but the menu card was enveloped in the dinner napkin, so you can't read the bottom line describing the dessert.  By the way, the cake tasted great (it was some kind of layer cake, possibly with chocolate) was awesome and was accompanied with  a blondie cookie which for me was the best part.



The Rye Grill & Bar, 1 Station Plaza, Rye, NY (4.17.11)

Just for decoration-- I was at the Rye Grill & Bar for Nicole's wedding shower.  I'm not sure who made this cake, but it is made from rolled towels, mesh, and silk flowers.



Here's the edible cake from the shower. It was strawberry shortcake and incredibly delicious.   It was brought from an outside place, but I didn't find out where.  There was also an incredible petit four cake sampler at each table (I regret not getting a picture), and had the most amazing red velvet and carrot cake pieces.  (And I don't like carrot cake).  But the petit fours were super fresh and moist.  Just delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment