Sunday, April 3, 2011

Elephant Walk 4.2.11

Elephant Walk, 2067 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

I've been dying to go to Elephant Walk since I went there for dinner a while back in Waltham.  There are three locations:  Waltham, Boston (Beacon St), and Cambridge.  This time I tried the Cambridge location since it's closer to my home.

Mousse aux Fruits de Passion
Refreshingly tart and sweet passion fruit mousse served in an almond lace cup; garnished with fresh pineapple macerated in dark rum, sugar and lemon juice


I've actually already had this dessert the last time I was at Elephant Walk.  However, it was plated differently.  But it was just as delicious, and with a very accurate description on the menu.  The mousse is very tart.  I didn't notice the pineapple tasting anything unlike fresh cut pineapple.  The almond cup was sweet and sticky.  For some reason I expected it to be crunchy, but it was flexible.  Maybe a little flexibility is good because it didn't shatter into a million pieces when you started eating the mousse.

Le Peche au Chocolat
A rich, creamy, chocolate truffle cake perfectly paired with raspberry sauce


Very rich, but very good.  Raspberry sauce was deliciuos too.  Interestingly, the cake dessert was set with the sauce towards the customer, while the mousse was placed in front of me with the sauce at 12 o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment