Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tuscan Grill 3.23.11

I have finally found a better solution to taking pictures in dark restaurants.  Unfortunately, I only made this discovery after taking these pics from last night, so the quality is still subpar here.  (They are too dark and out of focus...I'm working on it.)  I couldn't find out how to change the ISO setting on my cheap camera, but I found the preprogrammed "aquarium" setting which has 800 ISO.  Using this setting with no flash on macro, has seemed to work very well, at least for my test shot. 

Test shot in my dark kitchen - I'm not kidding here.  It was a cloudy day and I had all the blinds closed and no lights on.  However, the picture makes it look like the sun is shining right into my kitchen. Way to go ISO!


As a reference, here's how dark the flowers presently look in my kitchen.


Now, back to the food!


Tuscan Grill, 361 Moody Street, Waltham

Pear/Apple Martini - Orchard pear liqueur, grey goose vodka, splash of apple cider, spiced rum


This drink was delicious.  The flavors blended so well and the cinnamon sugar rim (with extra fine sugar) was perfect. 


Cannolis


Filling was cheesy and slightly tangy with lemon... so I heard.


Tiramisu with an additional scoop of housemade molasses pecan gelato


Not the best tiramisu I've ever had and I'm not sure what it was.  The cake was well soaked with coffee and alcohol, but maybe there was too much cake relative to the amount of filling.  The filling was good, but not as rich as I'm used to.  Seemed more whipped cream than mascarpone.  I am super fortunate to have gotten the free scoop of molasses pecan gelato, though.  It was good and light and the nuts added a nice texture.  I think I was secretly hoping for something sweeter, like caramel.  Also, it was a little icy.

No comments:

Post a Comment