Friday, March 18, 2011

Smitten Kitchen

I found a great website today:  SmittenKitchen.com.  It has great recipes for all the things I've been dreaming to make lately, with bakery quality ingredients that I'll have to buy online when I can't find them at Whole Foods.  Soft Pretzels, Chocolate Pudding (yes, a good chocolate pudding recipie is missing from Gisslen), and bagels.  The only thing is that I'm going have to convert volume measures to weights in my own notes because I'm super picky about the accuracy of weights now. 

The king arthur website has pretty great recipes too.  And there's always my go-to website, foodnetwork.com. 

The blog has been on pause during our 6 weeks of breads and Viennoiserie.  I'm brainstorming blog ideas for the next class.  Got wind that someone else in the certificate program has a blog on all the products we are making.  I'm not looking to do a complete description of all the items we make in our program, but something a little different.  But I have yet to choose what that will be. Perhaps I'll continue with Splenda substitutions.  Or perhaps I will take some pictures of desserts around Boston.  I recently had a great Tirimisu (more like a Tirimisu trifle) at Toscano in Beacon Hill.  It might be fun to take some pics of the next dessert I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment