Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bacco Ristorante & Bar 3.25.11

Bacco Ristorante & Bar, 107 Salem Street, Boston

Tiramisu


This is the best tiramisu I have ever had in my life.  (And I eat a decent amount of tiramisu.  It's my go-to dessert at Italian restaurants.)  This desserts truly melts in your mouth.  The flavors blended so well and every spoonful was so delicious, even though I ate it with a fork.  ;)  I now have to recreate my tiramisu recipe so it tastes like this one.  I think I might need to take my externship at Bacco just so I can plate these delicious desserts ...and steal the recipe.

Although you can't see it in the picture above (you can tell there's a slight coloration difference in person), the two cream layers are different in this cake.  The bottom layer of cream filling (appears more yellow in person) is a mascarpone-based filling (I'm guessing) while the top layer was whiter, so I'm guessing it was cream-based. I know one problem with making tiramisu is that if you place cheese and cream layers next to each other, they may slide around and you dessert may not be able to be cleanly sliced (many recipes will blend the cheese and cream fillings).  This dessert was best taking a forkful through all of the layers for each bite, so then you experience all of the flavors.  And they are spectacular!


Cannolis


Okay, I must admit.  I only got the cannolis because we got tiramisu and cannolis at Tuscan Grill on Wednesday.  Good thing I started with the cannolis and ended with the tiramisu.  I never went back to the cannolis and left half of them on the plate.  That said, the cannolis were very good. The shells were super crisp and the filling very yummy.  It's unfortunate for them that the best dessert plate in my entire life was sitting on the same table as them.  The tiramisu really blew the cannolis out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment