Friday, March 9, 2012

Black & White reprise 3.7.12

I love this recipe for classic New York style Black & White cookies from Baking Illustrated.    I thought the lemon flavor in the cookie was subtle and next time I'll use twice the amount of lemon flavoring.

I love that the cookies look like pancakes.



For the frosting, I used melted chocolate (Ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate baking bar).  I might have used cocoa powder previously.  I had forgotten to add more water after adding the melted chocolate, but remembered after already frosting 6 cookies.  I added water until the icing looked glossy and was thinned out.  Then it was perfect!





I am experimenting more with wrapping now that I'm very happy with this cookie and have had consistent output.  I tried individual bags with twist ties.  The cellophane candy bags are more expensive than ziplock bags, so I bought some ziplock bags and cut the ziplock part off.   I think they came out pretty well.



No comments:

Post a Comment