Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Legal Sea Foods 10.29.11

Legal Sea Foods, 26 Park Plaza, Boston

I have no problem with chain restaurants.  Especially if it means I get to eat a chicken lobster.  But let's focus on dessert.  LSF's version of Boston Cream Pie didn't impress me.  I wanted cake and cream layers, but it was mostly a single layer of a custardy/creamy filling.  I also didn't think the fish on the plate went with the dessert, but that's just picky!



But LSF redeems themselves with the next dessert special...Cinnamon ice cream! We are all doubtful at first, but this ice cream was so incredible.  I was even scared to be overwhelmed by cinnamon so I ordered a scoop of vanilla with the two scoops of cinnamon.  But it was so delectable.  Way to go Legal!  But of course I have to find some criticism.  Isn't there a pastry chef in the back responsible for putting some kind of garnish on this dish?  How about a cinnamon stick, some cinnamon powder.  I'd even settle for a mint sprig.



Last but not least is special order Creme de Menthe parfait.  Unfortunately it had to be described to the waitress...a couple of times.  As a huge mint fan, I'm glad their attempt wasn't a complete fail.  Although the ice cream was pretty melted by the time it arrived at our table.


Apparently the ice cream people got the memo about not using plates with fish designs on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment