Monday, March 3, 2014

Chocolate Chews 1.17.14

I used broken mousse cups for the chocolate, which is of really nice quality.  Here’s a picture of them melting down with the other ingredients.



I need to review the rules of tempering with molding chocolate, although I don’t remember it being a problem.  I used the heart mold and the spiral mold.  I made fresh mint flavor and orange flavor.  I think the mint ones could have a stronger mint flavor, but the texture came out good.  The mixture was thick to pipe, so I think next time I should use the correct amount of corn syrup.

10 g fresh mint (use more next time)
2 oz light corn syrup
4 oz semisweet chocolate
¼ t warm water

1/2 t orange extract (maybe try contreau)
2 oz light corn syrup
4 oz semisweet chocolate





No comments:

Post a Comment