Monday, August 12, 2013

Lakota Bakery 4.25.13

Lakota Bakery, 1375 Mass Ave, Arlington, MA

I love using any excuse to stop at Lakota bakery.  I immediate swarm to the florentines, and tried a few other cookies too.

Ginger and orange chocolate chip.  The ginger was pretty good but dry on the edges.  I wasn't a fan of the orange chocolate combination, and I hated that the cookie was so dry.



The florentines are a masterpiece here.  The chocolate coating might be slightly thick, but I was in a chocolate mood today and couldn't get enough.



Triple sec bon bon (left) and rum ball (right).  I wasn't a fan of the rum ball.  The chocolate coating was okay, and the rum inside tasted so strong to me I felt like I was taking a shot.  Also the cake inside was so soaked with rum and reminded me of soggy tiramisu.


No comments:

Post a Comment