Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pumpkin Mousse 12.4.11

I had extra pumpkin puree from the pumpkin crunch cake.  I also had heavy cream, so I decided to try whipping  either a mousse, bavarian, or a pudding. I ended up finding a pumpkin mousse recipe on about.com.  I adapted the recipe to make the following pumpkin mousse.

Pumpkin Mousse
15 oz pumpkin puree
1 c plus 2 c heavy cream
3/4 c sugar
3/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
2 oz white chocolate, shaved

I halved this recipe and omitted the white chocolate.   I heated the 1 c cream and sugar until the sugar was dissolved.  I then added the pumpkin and flavorings.  I added a little more flavoring, assuming that the flavor would dilute after adding the cream.  I cooled the pumpkin mixture, then blended with the whipped cream.  I added a little too much of the whipped heavy cream.  The mousse turned out tasting like pumpkin whipped cream.  I think next time I'll try a pudding recipe, or a mousse with eggs.  This would also be nice with some gelatin to make a bavarian creme.  Pumpkin napoleon?

I ate some of the pumpkin cream with graham crumbs sprinkled on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment