Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Doctor's orders: BID ice cream 12.7.11

Angora Ice, 3-A Boylston Street (Shaw's Shopping Plaza), Chestnut Hill, MA

Angora Ice is a strange place.  It has this funky orange lighting that is appropriate for anything but an ice cream shop.  However, the woman inside was the nicest ever and told all about how the Chestnut Hill location of Angora is trying out how to make their products healthier (very difficult for desserts).  Unfortunately, I forgot to ask her name.  But she spoke about her whole wheat waffle recipe she developed and offered a sample of the waffle with chocolate and bananas (which also comes in a low sugar version).

Mint Chip and Coffee Oreo Ice Cream
I was talking with the woman at the store so much, I forgot to think about how the ice cream tasted.  Oops.



Whole Wheat Waffle with chocolate and banana
What's amazing about this waffle is that you can't taste the whole wheat unless you are eating the waffle alone, without the toppings.  They are advertising the waffle as breakfast anytime, but it's really sweet I think it's more of a dessert item.



Rancatore's Ice Cream and Yogurt, 1752 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington MA

I'm a huge fan of tart yogurt, but since this was my second dessert today, I tried to go a little lighter by getting sweet (not tart) yogurt instead of the ice cream option.  I was stunned and fascinated by the Hydrox yogurt and just had to get it.  It was great.  Super sweet (too sweet for me to have regularly), but I was so happy to be eating Hydrox.


I loved reading Rancatore's FAQ page on their website.  Joe Rancatore, founder of Rancatore's Ice Cream and Yogurt, is the younger brother of Gus Rancatore, owner of Toscanini's.  I love Toscanini's!

No comments:

Post a Comment