Monday, March 16, 2015

Valentine’s Day Hearts 2.13.15

Most of these came out alright in the end, but it was one of those projects that seemed like one frustration after another.  First of all, I forgot that a half batch isn’t enough to fill my 13 x 9 pan, so I made the first color (of 4 total), and it only filled the pan about ½ inch thick.  So I made the next half batch, but decided to change the color anyway hoping for a two toned effect.  I paired pink with purple, and blue with green.  The hearts were difficult to cut out the next day.  I think I pressed them into the pan too much.  It would have been nicer if the treats were less densely packed, and they would have tasted better too.  The royal icing presented some problems as well.  The icing was too runny, so the letters started to pool together after piping. I even had to refrost some of them in a different color.  I also tried to wrap them before they were dried and smashed a few of them.  I’d really like to change it up next year, maybe try doing some heart shaped bon bons.




No comments:

Post a Comment