Monday, March 9, 2015

Soft Pretzels with Dill mustard 1.1.15





My recipe from 2013
2 t active dry yeast (or 1 t instant yeast)
¼ c honey
1 t fine salt
3 c AP flour (16.5 oz)
1 c warm water (or ½ c water, ½ beer)
3T baking soda

Bake at 450 12-16 mins.

My recipe from 2014
2 ¼ t active dry yeast
½ c warm water
½ c beer
1 T barley malt
420 g bread flour
2T melted butter
2t coarse salt

This dough came out very stiff.  Maybe next time I’ll try AP flour, or less flour. Less flour would increase the hydration, but hopefully retain the chewyness I'm looking for.  I dipped the pretzels in a seed mix after boiling.  It’s a challenge to get the seeds evenly distributed on all the bagels.   The dill mustard was the best part.

Best dill mustard
¼ c mustard
½ c mayo
2 T fresh chopped dill
1 t honey
1/8 t black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment