Thursday, January 8, 2015

Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cake Balls 12.11.14

Chocolate Cinnamon Tea Cake Balls
Makes 38 1-in balls

5 ¾ oz brown sugar
6 oz softened butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour (9 ¾ oz, maybe up to 1 oz less)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Powdered sugar

Melt chocolate and let cool. Cream brown sugar and butter. Add cooled melted chocolate and vanilla.  Stir in remaining ingredients, except powdered sugar.  I used a wooden spoon and mixed until all ingredients were incorporated, but very crumbly to keep the mixture airy.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls – I used my #60 scoop. Then formed balls by hand and pressed until the dough stuck together.
Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. I baked at 350 for 10 mins.

I forgot to take a picture of them, so here's a resemblance.



No comments:

Post a Comment