Monday, March 25, 2013

Fluffy Pancake IV 3.21.13

Bisquick-like pancakes

3/4 c cups all-purpose flour (4 oz=3/4 c)
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 cup whole milk or buttermilk
1 egg
1 banana, sliced

It's the perfect pancake!  Better than Bisquick, super fluffy and light.  Split batter into two, for 2 extra large pancakes.  Split batter into 3 if you are making other breakfast fare.

I first sifted the flour with the sugar, bak pwdr, and salt.  Then lightly beat the egg, and added the milk.  I then added the flour in small additions to the wet ingredients and stirred after each addition, to make a pretty smooth batter, but trying not to overmix. I then added the bananas!

I used a canola oil spray on the griddle, but next time I'd like to try without to get a nicer surface on the pancake.

Banana pancakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment