Friday, January 18, 2013

Dark Chocolate Pudding 1.17.13

Dark Chocolate Pudding


2 T cornstarch
1 3/8 c milk (skim works)

6 T dark coca
1/4 c sugar
2 egg yolk
1/8 c milk
smidgen salt
1/2 t vanilla
2 T butter


This time I didn't cook until boiling, I cooked just until the custard was thick.  But it came out rather thin, so I think if there is no flavor loss from cooking it until it boils, then I should continue to boil it to get maximum thickness and make sure all the cornstarch is cooked.  (Maybe I only cooked enough for the eggs to coagulate?  I don't remember what temp cornstarch needs to cook to.)  However, if I don't like the flavour next time I make it, I can always increase the thickening agents to get the desired thickness.


Dark chocolate pudding with creme chantilly and dark chocolate shavings.

Also, I could still work on trying to simplify the mixing method for this batter. I'm using a two stage process, but I think I can find a way to simplify the mixing without sacrificing the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment