Friday, February 17, 2012

Chocolate brownies 2.10.12

I was thwarted by Ghirardelli Semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I think I should stick to the 60% cacao...or maybe even cocoa powder.  The brownies had a strange texture. The ganache got greasy and started to separate.  I'm not sure why.  I assume it's due to the chocolate I used (a blend of unsweet chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate), since I've only made it recently using the Ghirardelli 60% that you can get at Shaws.


I used 1.5 oz baking chocolate and 2.5 oz semi-sweet to replace the unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate from the Gisslen recipe for the brownies.  I used half baking chocolate and half semi-sweet in the ganache.


Here's the chocolate I used in the brownies.  The chips are the semi-sweet chocolate and the broken squares are the unsweet chocolate.



I ended up baking the brownies for much less than the recommended time.  I'm not sure if baking them much longer would have improved them.  Right after I took them out of the oven I measured the internal temperature.  It was 175.  They look good in the picture, but the taste wasn't what I expected.  I was disappointed.





No comments:

Post a Comment