Thursday, September 15, 2011

Russian Tea Cakes 9.15.11

I was inspired by a recipe for gluten-free vanilla crescent cookies, a short, buttery cookie shaped in a crescent form with a light dusting of powdered sugar.  However, the recipe called for a few ingredients I didn't have on hand, such as tapioca flour, chickpea flour, chestnut flour, white rice flour, and walnuts.  So I went for a conventional recipe I found online.  I can't seem to find the blog anymore, so here's the recipe:

1 c butter
1/2 c powdered sugar (2 oz)
1 t vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour (11 oz)
3/4 c finely chopped walnuts
1/4 t salt

Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla.  Blend flour, walnuts, and salt separately, then mix into butter mixture.  Roll into balls (about 20 g each) and bake 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees.  Roll in powdered sugar when cool.

I ended up using 2 cups of cake flour and omitted the walnuts. I sifted the powdered sugar over the cookies instead of rolling them in it.





No comments:

Post a Comment