Monday, July 11, 2011

A Tribute to Blue 7.11.11

I've decided to feature some of my work at Le Cordon Bleu since in this class we are allowed a lot of creative freedom.  So I don't feel like I'm just presenting someone else's work or someone else's recipes.  These are my own creations; thus, they merit some nice pics.

Blue Bear made from marzipan
Here's a picture of my favorite childhood teddy bear, Blue Bear (or just "Blue").  He inspired my latest figure made from marzipan. The real Blue used to have a mouth and a fuller nose, so I recreated those in the figure.  I made the marzipan figure have a kindof sad expression on his face.  Also, the real Blue used to be pudgier, but not as chubby as the figure.  Over time, his batting has lost it's fluff.  The marzipan figure is made from uncolored, blue tinted, and black colored marzipan.  The mouth was painted on using food coloring.


Snoopy cocoa painting
The canvas is a piece of marzipan rolled out and then cut using a cookie cutter.  The outline is painted using a mixture of cocoa powder and cocoa butter.  The colors were painted on using food coloring in alcohol (high proof vodka).  I'm not that good of an artist so I traced this snoopy, not drew freehand.



Snoopy's doghouse made from marzipan
Hopefully tomorrow I can make a small woodstock to go on top.



Angry Birds cocoa painting



Angry Birds marzipan figure
There are some really great Angry Birds cakes.  Just try Google imaging them.



1 comment:

  1. The blue bear is adorable. And Tom likes the Angry Birds. I feel like you're kind of a whiz with marzipan! :)

    ReplyDelete