Sunday, July 3, 2011

Radius 7.1.11

Radius, 8 High Street, Boston, MA
PJ Waters, Pastry Chef

Classic Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulée


The creme brulee was delicious and soft.  A thicker crust, which I like actually.  A very generous, filling portion.

Pilon de Chocolat – bittersweet chocolate cone, peanuts, fenugreek ice cream, raisins, caramel


Fenugreek is a spice, which gives the ice cream a butterscotch-like taste. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste the ice cream.  The chocolate cone was filled with a chocolate cream, which you can't see in the picture.  The first picture above, shows the orientation of the plate as it was served, but didn't make the best picture, so I rotated the plate and took another so you can see the caramel, raisins and fenugreek ice cream. 


Assorted Bite-sized desserts.  Amuse bouche for dessert!  Espresso truffles, spiced mango gelee, and apple-honey-peanut tartlet.  Unfortunately, I didn't like any of these.  The espresso in the truffle was too strong for me.  I'm not a mango fan, and the spicy mango isn't something my taste buds are drawn to.  I'm not sure why I didn't like the tartlet.  As I'm writing this, I can't even remember what it tasted like.  Well, not memorable is not a good sign. One thing I really loved about this dessert plate, was the appearance of the truffles.  They were just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment