Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mike's Pastry 5.22.11

Mike's Pastry, 300 Hanover Street, Boston, MA

Almond and Pignoli Macaroons - very sweet and too mushy for me :(


Napoleon - The best tasting dessert in my box!  I still can't figure out how to cut it without dissembling the entire pastry.  Oops, I forgot to remove the wrapper before taking the picture.   :(


Note on the Napolean: They look so similar to the ones I made in class!  Take a look.


Tiramisu - One of my favorite desserts, but I did not like the Mike's version.  The best I ever had is still from Bracco.  The Mike's version didn't have the texture I wanted.  The cake wasn't tender enough to blend with the creamy filling.


Hazelnut Cannoli - I think this was the first cannoli I didn't like.  However, I haven't had a cannoli in many years, so maybe I forgot what they are supposed to taste like. My favorite part is always the cheesy, creamy filling, but I didn't like the filling this time.  :(  It's possible I didn't like the hazelnut flavouring.  But should't it still taste like ricotta?


Tiramisu Gelato - Even better than the Napolean was the gelato.  The flavour blended so nicely.  I was amazed at how good it was.

Note on the pictures:  They are a little blurry because I forgot to reset the ISO to a higher setting.  They are currently set at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment