Saturday, July 21, 2018

Bastille Day 14.7.2018

To celebrate Bastille Day I made leeks vinaigrette and salmon rillettes. 

I tested the leeks when they were simmering by poking them with a knife, but I didn’t really know what I was trying to feel for, so I undercooked them.  They were not meltingly tender.  You can’t tell in the picture.

After tasting the salmon rillettes three times now, they start to taste different.  This time, I thought there was too much smoked salmon flavor and too much butter.  I looked up some more rillettes recipes online and found that the salmon ratio fresh to smoked of 2:1 by weight is indeed the highest out there.  I also did not find many other butter/oil-based recipes.  Many used mayonnaise or crème fraiche.

Leeks in vinaigrette (Poireaux à la vinaigrette)

Salmon rillettes (Rillettes de saumon)



No comments:

Post a Comment