Monday, December 31, 2012

Pumpkin Pie 12.25.12

Homemade crust, but I should have used a sweeter crust.  This crust was too salty for the pie.  Also, I over hydrated the pie dough.  I used about 2 oz ice water, instead of 1.5 oz.

The pie filling was pretty tasty, although not perfectly seasoned.  I'm still looking for the perfect spice blend.

I'm glad I could see butter chunks in the crust.  I'm happy with the appearance, except that I folded over the edge of the crust and it would have been nice if I had a ridge of dough so I didn't have a seam on the underside of the edge.




The filling had nice smooth and tender texture.  Flavor was good, but on the bland side. Pie looks nice and homemade.  If I used a sturdier pie pan, I wouldn't have spilled the wet filling over the side of the crust and it would have appeared even nicer.



Crust was pretty and puffed up.


Filling baked up nicely without sinking in the middle at all.  Maybe due to the flour?


No comments:

Post a Comment